Learn to analyze a hazardous materials incident, plan a response within the capabilities of available personnel and equipment, and implement the planned response to favorably change outcomes, evaluate the progress of the planned response and terminate an incident.
This course is designed to be completed over 40 hours and you will 6 months to complete. This course was developed to provide workers with the ability to analyze a hazardous materials incident, plan a response within the capabilities of available personnel and equipment, and implement the planned response to favorably change outcomes, evaluate the progress of the planned response and terminate an incident.
HAZWOPER training required for workers that perform activities that expose or potentially expose them to hazardous substances. Although this course satisfies OSHA requirements for the education portion of HAZWOPER training requirements, you are also required to complete three days of in-person led by a trained and experienced supervisor. Employers are required for providing site specific field training safety tasks, which includes hands-on experience.
Designed specifically for:
- Clean-up operations–required by a governmental body that are conducted at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites
- Corrective actions involving clean-up operations at sites covered by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976 (RCRA)
- Voluntary clean-up operations at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites
- Operations involving hazardous wastes that are conducted at TSD facilities
- Emergency response operations
Once you have completed all assignments and exercises with a final course exam of 80% or better, you will need to request your certificate.
The course is broken into six units.
- Safety Orientation
- Basic Chemistry & Toxicology
- Safety Data Sheets
- HAZMAT Labeling
- Incident Command System
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Respiratory Protection
- Department of Transportation Emergency Response Guidebook
- Fire Protection
- Electrical Safety
- Heat Stress
- Air Monitoring Instruments
- Handling Drums and Other Containers
- Confined Spaces
- Site Reconnaissance
- Work Practices and Engineering Controls
- Dealing with the Media
Tuition: $395 or as low as $55 per month.