HAZ40 – HAZWOPER 40-Hr
This course is designed to be completed over 40 hours and you will have 6 months to complete. This course was developed to provide workers with the ability to analyze a hazardous materials incident, plan a response within the capabilities of available personnel and equipment, and implement the planned response to favorably change outcomes, evaluate the progress of the planned response and terminate an incident.
HAZWOPER training required for workers that perform activities that expose or potentially expose them to hazardous substances.
Designed specifically for:
- Clean-up operations–required by a governmental body that are conducted at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites
- Corrective actions involving clean-up operations at sites covered by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976 (RCRA)
- Voluntary clean-up operations at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites
- Operations involving hazardous wastes that are conducted at TSD facilities
- Emergency response operations
Once you have completed all assignments and exercises with a final course exam of 80% or better, you will need to request your certificate.
Although this course satisfies OSHA requirements for the education portion of HAZWOPER training requirements, you are also required to complete three days of in-person led by a trained and experienced supervisor. Employers are required for providing site specific field training safety tasks, which includes hands-on experience.
The textbook is downloadable or you may purchase a printed copy from Lulu Publishing.